ROSE MARIE (Harbach-Hammerstein II-Friml-Stothart)
1. OVERTURE Orchestra
2. ROSE MARIE Giorgio Tozzi
3. HARD-BOILED HERMAN Meier Tzelniker, Frances Day
4. THE MOUNTIES Frederick Harvey
5. LAK JEEM Julie Andrews
6. INDIAN LOVE CALL Julie Andrews, Giorgio Tozzi
7. PRETTY THINGS Julie Andrews
8. WHY SHOULDN'T WE Meier Tzelniker, Frances Day
9. TOTEM TOM-TOM Marion Keene
10. FINALE, ACT I Julie Andrews, Frances Day, Frederick Harvey
11. FINALETTO, ACT II Julie Andrews, Giorgio Tozzi, Tudor Evans, John Hauxvell, Marion Keene
12. MINUET OF THE MINUTE Julie Andrews, Meier Tzelniker
13. DOOR OF MY DREAMS Julie Andrews
14. FINALE ULTIMO Julie Andrews, Giorgio Tozzi
15. ROSE MARIE Selections – Drury Lane Theatre Orchestra
16. HARD-BOILED HERMAN Billy Merson
17. ROSE MARIE Derek Oldham
18. THE MOUNTIES John Dunsmure
19. INDIAN LOVE CALL Edith Day & Derek Oldham
20. WHY SHOULDN'T WE? Clarice Hardwicke & Billy Merson
21. DOOR OF MY DREAMS Edith Day
22. INDIAN LOVE CALL Jeanette MacDonald & Nelson Eddy
23. PRETTY THINGS Marion Bell
24. TOTEM TOM TOM Elizabeth Larner
25. FINALE Elizabeth Larner & Andy Cole
For this release Julie Andrews is heard in the title role from the 1958 studio cast recording in glorious stereo with Metropolitan opera star Giorgio Tozzi as "Jim".
As a bonus, we have included rare recordings from the 1925 London cast headed by Edith Day and Derek Oldham with a "Selections" recorded by the Drury Lane Theatre orchestra. From the first motion picture talking version of 1936 Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy sing their version of the "Indian Love Call". During the 1940s Al Goodman and his Orchestra recorded a studio cast version of Rose-Marie which starred Marion Bell. Fans of Broadway musicals will know her as the original Fiona in "Brigadoon". She sings for us "Pretty Things".
Our final two tracks were recorded in London, again in stereo, but this time starring the popular stage and television star Elizabeth Larner and Andy Cole who sing ‘Totem Tom Tom' and, fittingly, the ‘Finale'.
This is quite possibly the most detailed and thorough ROSE MARIE package currently on the market with the tracks featured spanning four decades from the 1920s to the 1950s.