DON COSTA (SEPIA 1267)
THE THEME FROM THE UNFORGIVEN / HOLLYWOD PREMIERE!
1. THEME FROM THE UNFORGIVEN
2. AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER
4. THE SONG FROM MOULIN ROUGE
6. THE THIRD MAN THEME
8. LONELY ROOM
9. FROM HERE TO ETERNITY
11. STELLA BY STARLIGHT
12. RETURN TO PARADISE
13. THEME FROM "THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE BROTHERS GRIMM"
14. THEME FROM "LONG DAY'S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT"
15. THEME FROM "LISA"
16. THEME FROM "THE MIRACLE WORKER"
17. BABY ELEPHANT WALK
18. THEME FROM "MY GEISHA"
19. THEME FROM "MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY"
20. ABOVE THE STARS
21. THEME FROM "ADVISE AND CONSENT"
22. THEME FROM "ALL FALL DOWN"
23. MY ROMANCE
24. LOVE THEME FROM "LOLITA"
Title: The Theme from "The Unforgiven" / Hollywood Premiere!
Don Costa Voices and Orchestra
Date: September 2014
The multi-talented and versatile Don Costa was music arranger to Frank Sinatra, composed for Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme, A&R director of ABC Records (for Paul Anka) and United Artists Records, whilst at the same time leading his own orchestra and making records. "Theme from The Unforgiven" was a Top 30 hit for Costa and the LP makes it CD debut here along with the 1962 released HOLLYWOOD PREMIERE!, another LP of Costa music from the movies.
The lush orchestral music have been re-mastered and have never sounded better.